Do I Have That Book? Challenge

by - September 18, 2019

I discovered this challenge from Jesse the Reader's video here. I love the concept!
Apologies in advance for dusty books and damage. Please don't cringe! These books have been well-loved (and lent to various others), but I live in a super dusty home.

Do you have a book with deckled edges?

I have the hardback of Chains, and the edges are beautifully deckled

Do you have a book with 3 or more people on the cover?

Hehe, does this count?

Do you have a book based on another fictional story?

Y E S. Retellings give me life.


Do you have a book with a title 10 letters long?

It took me way too long to find them...


Do you have a book with a title that starts and ends with the same letter?



Do you have a mass market paperback book?

Listen, I am a mass market paperback QUEEN. Paperback or bust. I only buy hardcover if it's an author I trust and no other editions are available. I mean... you can get 2-3 books for the price of one. You can bring them wherever you go. They have character.

Here's a peek at my mass market paperback collection.


These technically aren't mass market paperbacks...because YA novels generally don't release those... but they're also paperbacks so I'm counting my YA collection.


((Also, is it just me or are YA paperbacks much more fragile than normal adult mass market paperbacks? My YA novels are so easily scuffed and it's barely been a year))

Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name?

Yep! Though it's mainly my Nancy Drew collection :)



Do you have a book with the main character's name in the title?


Do you have a book with 2 maps in it?

One of my most prized possessions is my physical copy of The Art of Alice: Madness Returns. I've been obsessed with that video game franchise ever since the sequel was released in 2011. Since it has maps of the realms/levels, I think it counts.


Do you have a book that was turned into a TV show?


Do you have a book written by someone who was originally famous for something else?

Nope. All my books are by writers.

Do you have a book with a clock on the cover?


Do you have a poetry book?

I have an entire poetry shelf, although I don't read much poetry anymore.


Do you have a book with an award stamp on it?


Do you have a book written by an author with the same initials as you?

No :(

Do you have a book of short stories?

Okay, I did not realize just how many short story collections I owned until this question. I never considered myself much of a short story reader... ironically...

Short story collection tower in English



And two books in Japanese (An Edogawa Ranpo anthology and Haruki Murakami's Men Without Women anthology)


Do you have a book between 500 and 510 pages long?


506 pages, mass market paperback version

Do you have a book that was turned into a movie?

Do you have a graphic novel?

I have lots of manga! Here's only a few of them. (The rest are carefully stored in plastic and I'm not in the mood to dig all of them out right now hahah)

Lastly, do you have a book written by 2 or more authors?


Well, that was fun! If you're reading this, then I hope you also do this challenge. I'd love to see your collection! Do we have similar taste in books? 

You May Also Like

0 comments