Bookish Secret Tita 2019

by - December 22, 2019

This year, I joined the Bookish Secret Tita event hosted by Shealea. It's basically a bookish Secret Santa among Filipino bloggers. And because I have, like, no Filipino bookish friends (lol), I was super stoked to join it!

December was an absolute whirlwind, so I was very pleasantly surprised to receive my gift early. Thank you so much to Ryan, my secret Tito! LOOK AT THIS AMAZING PACKAGE!!


First of all: THE CUTEST MAGNETIC BOOKMARKS ON EARTH

Some really ADORABLE POSTCARDS (if you didn't know, I love to hoard postcards and prints. They spark joy)


And this super witty pack of prints! Quite relatable...


They're all from Papemelroti. I LOVE PAPEMELROTI. My inner tita is wailing.

Also I filmed a whole unboxing video but didn't realize that my phone mic is garbage, so I can't upload it ;___;

Anyway, the star of this show... that made me SCREAM... THE BOOK!


Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke.

Here's the summary:
A dark standalone YA fantasy about a band of mercenary girls in search of female glory.
Frey, Ovie, Juniper, and Runa are the Boneless Mercies—girls hired to kill quickly, quietly, and mercifully. But Frey is weary of the death trade and, having been raised on the heroic sagas of her people, dreams of a bigger life.
When she hears of an unstoppable monster ravaging a nearby town, Frey decides this is the Mercies' one chance out. The fame and fortune of bringing down such a beast would ensure a new future for all the Mercies. In fact, her actions may change the story arc of women everywhere.

Sis, you all know this is on-brand! It's been on my to read list for ages. I read the author's previous book and... honestly hated it, but her prose is lovely and atmospheric so I wanted to give her a second chance. Girls and murder... what else do I need...

The package also came with a lovely personal letter from Ryan! He's more of a YA contemporary reader, so we're true opposites. But he did say that he's reading Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, which is a book that I also want to read :))

He's also a huge fan of Adam Silvera, who I haven't read yet (because I don't usually read Contemporary). But now my interest is piqued. Have any of you read Adam Silvera? Are you fans too?

Anyway, I'm so so glad that I joined this Bookish Secret Tita. I definitely want to join again next year. I got sick over the weekend so I have to wait until next week to mail my package but... I hope my pamangkin enjoys it!

Happy holidays, everyone~

You May Also Like

0 comments